There are various big and small components that are used during construction, which give a shape to any newly designed structure. One such component that we will discuss here is the binding wires
Binding wires have a unique purpose in the construction process, where these are used to tie up the steel rebars, which are then utilized to form columns, slabs, and ceilings.
In this blog, we will tell you about this basic butbeneficial construction component and how it is utilized during the construction of big and small houses and other structures.
What are binding wires? What is their purpose?
Binding wires are the ductile mild steel wires used for the purpose of tying different applications in the field of construction. The main purpose of binding wires is to tie the rebars at the junctions or joints, which helps in keeping the structure intact
Other than tying the reinforcement, binding wires could be used to create a metal mesh, construct beams, walls, and columns, among several other important purposes.
Advantages of Binding Wires in Construction
Following are the advantages of binding wires in the construction field:
1. These wires could be easily tied into knots without breaking.
2. The cables are created in such a way that they are versatile enough to match the various stoners required in the construction system repeatedly.
3. The wire cable stays fragile due to annealing which permits their easy usage.
4. They are helpful in emptying the solid into the margins while also minimizing rebar disruption.
5. To keep lapping bars in the proper place.
6. Spacer bars in building systems are used to support secondary frame designs.
What determines the quantity of binding wire used in construction?
There are a few factors that influence or decide the amount of binding water you must use at a construction site. These are:
1. The diameter of the reinforcing bar
2. Spacing between the bars
3. The type of structural part in which the wire is being used
4. Type and gauge of the binding wire utilized
5. The methods used for tying/binding the wires
6. Manual hook typing or mechanically tied wires through the use of equipment.
7. The structure being designed, like dams, bridges, buildings,etc.
All the above-mentioned factors will decide the amount of binding wires you would require during the construction.
Binding wires play a crucial role in the building industry by holding thereinforcement bars in place. If the reinforcement bars are positioned without tying them down with binding wires, the mounting would be flexible and the support space in one portion could widen while narrowing in another. This would make the structure less stable and ductile, which would cause it to collapse.